What to do if my son threw a rock and accidentally hit and cracked his school bus passenger window?

UPDATED: Sep 27, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 27, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my son threw a rock and accidentally hit and cracked his school bus passenger window?

Although they recognize that it was not maliciously intended the district is holding him responsible to repair the damages. They have provided an invoice from a glass company for $350. How do I ensure I’m not paying something that they can also submit to their insurance in addition to me paying and what measures should I take before paying this invoice (i.e. ask for additional quotes from other glass repair services)?

Asked on September 27, 2012 under Bankruptcy Law, Arizona


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

In order to make sure that the school district is not going to get a double recovery for the payment of the $350 to repair the school bus window that your son broke, I would write a letter to the school's principal seeking a letter in return that no insurance claim will be made by the district sent to you.

As an additional safeguard I would ask for several quotes for the window's repair and an invoice by the person who actually does the work.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption