What to do if my friend is a professional licensed piercer who pierced a girl that he later found out had a fake ID?

UPDATED: May 21, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my friend is a professional licensed piercer who pierced a girl that he later found out had a fake ID?

She is 17 years old. Can he still be in trouble for piercing her? Can the piercee get in legal trouble as well? What are the maximum penalties for this? Finally, should the person with the fake ID be reported to authorities?

Asked on May 21, 2012 under Business Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If your friend pierced a girl who presented an identification card showing that she was an adult but was not, your friend should report this fact to law enforcement so as to protect him/her from any criminal problems or licensing issues in the future.

Hopefully your friend keeps photocopies of identification cards or driver's licenses of his or her cutomers as a business practice.

Assuming your friend honestly believed that the minor he/she pierced was an adult and there was documentation presented showing such, there should be no legal trouble resulting. However, possible penalties could be a fine of $1,000 or more and/or a supension of his/her license to pierce for up to six months.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption