What forms do I need to redeem my property after a tax lien auction?

UPDATED: Apr 4, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 4, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What forms do I need to redeem my property after a tax lien auction?

I am trying to redeem my property after a tax lien sale. I was told by the purchaser that I needed some kind of form and he said that I could get it from a lawyer or try to get it on my own to avoid extra fees. I need to know the names of the forms and if I have to go through a lawyer to get them or can I get them on my own?

Asked on April 4, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Georgia


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

It is my undertanding that you have the right of redemption of your property unless and until the purchaser bars same.  Called foreclosure of the right of redemption.  It is also my understanding that it is an expensive process in Georgia. Look at these codes:  Code of Georgia Title 48 Revenue and Taxation; Chapter 4 Tax Sales; Article 3 Redemption of Property Sold for Taxes.  Forms can usually be found in a legal supply store but I would speak with  lawyer on this matter.  It is too important to mess up.  Good luck.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption