Can the “Cooking Club of America” continue to bill its customers who have tried to cancel and failed?

UPDATED: May 15, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 15, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can the “Cooking Club of America” continue to bill its customers who have tried to cancel and failed?

They have failed because the Cooking Club of America has not adhered to their request although they claim on their invoice that subscribers may cancel at anytime.

Asked on May 15, 2009 under Business Law, California


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Then you need to ask yourself if you lived up to your end of the contract -- is it one of those buy x, to get y?

1. If you have, cancel your credit card, or file a claim with your credit card company for every one of these charges.  Do it quickly because you may only be able to go back one or two billing cycles.

2. Contact the California Attorney General's office and file a claim. 

3. Do a google search for this company and you will complaints against them.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption