Can I put a sign in my yard or street

UPDATED: Dec 8, 2017

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 8, 2017Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I put a sign in my yard or street

Can you put a sign in your yard or
street saying keep close eye on
children a
Pedifile lives on this street, if one

Asked on December 8, 2017 under Personal Injury, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

1) You can place signs if your local municipality allows signs in your yard, etc.--some municipalities (like mine, for example) do not allow residents to put up any signs, or limit the kinds of signs that can be emplaced (e.g. to "for sale" or "for rent" signs), and such restrictions are legal.
2) Be aware that if you put out any information that can identified to a specific person, IF that information is in any way untrue, you will have committed defamation and could be sued--possibly for a great deal of money.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption