Can I get a traffic citation canccelled

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I get a traffic citation canccelled

The officer said that I was riding on the wrong side of the road. Actually, I was behind some cars going to the turning lane that I had 2 turning lanes. One was full but the other one was not. So, I drove past everyone and got into the other turning lane. When I turned, I saw the lights. Is there any recourse?

Asked on July 31, 2019 under General Practice, Colorado


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Unless the officer is going to recant--that is, admit that his citation was wrong--you're not going to get the citation cancelled. After all, unless the officer admits his error, it is his word against yours and in my experiencve, courts always believe the trained, sworn, and neutral (i.e. no personal stake in the outcome) police officer over the driver trying to gt out of a ticket.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption