How can I get my downpayment back from a dealership if I had the car for 2 weeks but they haven’t finance it yet nor given my trade-in back?

Asked on January 17, 2013 under General Practice, Ohio


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Whether or not you can cancel your purchase of the car that you bought without any recourse depends upon what the presumed written contract that you signed states. As such, you need to carefully read the purchase agreement to see if the document allows you to rescind the deal without any legal recourse and get your vehicle back.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.