will my bond get revoked for a misdermeanor?

UPDATED: Jun 16, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 16, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

will my bond get revoked for a misdermeanor?

If someone is out on bond for a felony and gets in trouble for a misdermeanor will they revoke the bond? Or could they just make you pay a fine

Asked on June 16, 2009 under Criminal Law, Michigan


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

That may depend on a number of things, including the details of the two charged offenses.  It may also depend on something in Michigan law that I don't know about, because there are differences from one state to another.  There may be other facts that are important here as well, and you need to have local counsel consider all of those facts, for advice you can rely on.

If you are facing a felony charge, you need to have an attorney defending that, and the same lawyer should be made aware of the misdemeanor problem.  If you don't have a lawyer yet, you can look for one in places including our website, http://attorneypages.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption