What does it mean if a criminal case says that it has an order of transfer to a criminal suspense docket?

UPDATED: Jan 25, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 25, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What does it mean if a criminal case says that it has an order of transfer to a criminal suspense docket?

I am curious because my father who has been on probation, now has this on his criminal case record.

Asked on January 25, 2011 under Criminal Law, Texas


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

There are various types of "dockets" in the criminal courts and the civil courts.  A "docket" is really a list of cases on a court's calendar or a small entry in the formal record of what happened in a case.  What type of case is the underlying action?  Does it stem from a DUI or DWI matter?  Could it be that your Father's matter was heard or tried and that as part of the sentencing he got probation but also a suspended license?  Then if that is the case and what happened here the court clerk will transfer the matter to a different "list" that shows suspension of his license.  If this is not what happened please write back and we will try and figure out what went on.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption