What to do if I found a small hole in my ceiling that looks like a cameral was in there and my landlord lives above me?

UPDATED: Aug 9, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 9, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I found a small hole in my ceiling that looks like a cameral was in there and my landlord lives above me?

I moved on the first of this month; the hole in my bedroom ceiling was not there. Now however it is. I took pictures because it looked like a camera. I even took a small stick and poked it and took another picture. Now it is an empty space; you can clearly see the difference in the pictures. I put some plaster over the hole and haven’t mentioned it yet to the landlord. I want to know what direction to go in?

Asked on August 9, 2012 under Real Estate Law, New York


Mark Siegel / Law Office of Mark A. Siegel

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Although your question is posted in the area of landlord/tenant law, based upon your description of the events in your apt & your inquiry, you seem to be asking whether your landlord may have engaged in criminal conduct. I suggest you consult with an attorney who practices in the area of criminal law. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption