What can I do to get employment verification paperwrok for my husband from his employer, who is also his brother?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do to get employment verification paperwrok for my husband from his employer, who is also his brother?

My husband is working for his older brother who has his own company. We repeatedly asked and requested employment papers, such as wage verification, ever since my husband started the job, 6 months now, but nothing. We also keep asking for a check stub and we received only about 3. My husband gets paid every week and I have benefits like food stamp and health that I have to re-apply for every 6 months. I am also trying to apply for housing and they need these records. What can I do or how can I get them if the owner will not provide them?

Asked on September 22, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Arizona


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Unfortuntely, there is no way to get them from the employer unless the employer chooses to provide it: the law does not require employers to provide verification for this purpose. Send your requests to the employer for verification in writing, sent some way you can prove delivery, then provide proof you requested it to the agency, so the agency knows you are doing everything you can.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption