Want to know if I can resolve a wrongful termination

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Want to know if I can resolve a wrongful termination

I was a hired at will Property Manager for a large hospital in the area. I was recently terminated by a cause that I am totally in disagreement with. I worked in my position for this hospital for over 16 yrs with all great evaluations and bonuses. I am very upset and want to know what my options are. Thanks

Asked on October 16, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Massachusetts


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Did you have an employment contract? Were you covered by a union agreement? Did your discharge constitute some form oflegally actionable idscrimination or retalition? If not, then you were an "at will" worker which mean that you could have been terminted for any reason or no reason at all, with or without notice. The fact is that most compnies can set the conditions of employment much as they see fit. Fair or not, it's the law.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption