What to do if my wife is pregnant and now is threatening to kill herself?

UPDATED: May 7, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 7, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my wife is pregnant and now is threatening to kill herself?

I have proof of this through text messages. What can I do to stop her from doing something awful to herself and out child and is there any way I could use the text messages to get full custody of the child once she gives birth? I really don’t think she is stable enough to raise a child. What can I do?

Asked on May 7, 2012 under Family Law, Oklahoma


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Well first off if you think that she is serious then I would contact an attorney about what you can legally do to make sure that she and the baby are safe.  If it means that you need to have her admiited to some place to protect herself from herself then I would do so.  She obviously needs help.  And as for custody you both have custody unless a court rules otherwise in a divorce.  So if that is what you are planning then speak with the lawyer about that as well.   

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption