What to do if my husband has been charged with attempted homicide against my brother?

UPDATED: Mar 17, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 17, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my husband has been charged with attempted homicide against my brother?

My husband and I were separating and he came by our house to get some of his belongings. As he was getting into the car with his ride, my brother pulled up and got out of his car. A verbal altercation ensued and a scuffle broke out between the two of them. I ran outside to break it up and upon walking outside they broke apart. My brother started walking toward me saying he had been stabbed. My husband got into the car and left. My brother was then driven to the hospital. My husband is now charged with attempted homicide. My brother remained standing during the entire altercation, however he did receive 10 small stab wounds from a 1 inch pocket knife that my husband was carrying.

Asked on March 17, 2013 under Criminal Law, Tennessee


Anthony Van Johnson / VANJOHNSON LAW FIRM, L.L.C.

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Your husband needs an attorney right away.  An experienced attorney can investigate the case and determine the best course of action to defend your husband.  There may be a valid self-defense argumen, as well as, other possible defenses.   At a minimum, an attorney should be retained to investigate the facts of the case in the most expeditious manner.  Time is of the essense with such a serious charge.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption