My car was parked on the street and hit by a Transportation of Authority driver

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My car was parked on the street and hit by a Transportation of Authority driver

My car was parked on a residential street, when I came outside the Texas Mits van
driver told me he he thought he had the turn and hit my car, the supervisor came
out and told me they will take care of everything , took my info I finally got a
call back after leaving several messages, for them just to tell me it was my
fault that I was only 10 ft from the street sign and it should be 30 ft. Who is
at fault here I was not in the vehicle.

Asked on October 31, 2016 under Accident Law, Texas


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

The van driver was at fault for hitting your parked car.
You should file a property damage claim (cost of repairs to your car) with the van's insurance carrier.
If the case is not settled, you can sue the van's owner for negligence.  You would also name the van's driver in your lawsuit.
If the van is owned by the city, file your property damage claim with the city.  Don't miss any filing deadlines with the city or your claim may be denied.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption