Is the city at all liable for my wreck

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is the city at all liable for my wreck

I was driving down the road on 22nd and
Garland I was obeying almost all traffic
laws I didn’t have no insurance cuz I
just bought my car when two guys in a
red car came flying down the road and
hit us head on and bent the strut on my
car luckily nobody was really injured
they then got out of the car and ran
away they were being chased by the
police I’ve been told that because it
was a police chase the city is liable
was wondering if this was true

Asked on April 30, 2019 under Accident Law, Kentucky


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

The city may be liable if you can show that the chase was unwarranted by circumstances or was conducted in a negligent or unreasonably dangerous fashion. However showing that may be difficult and suing a city is more complicated that suing a private person. It is likely better to simply pay for the damage yourself than try to recover from. The city.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption