In Wood County TX, how do I file to terminate my probation now that I have reached all the financial and time requirements?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

In Wood County TX, how do I file to terminate my probation now that I have reached all the financial and time requirements?

I have reached the early release date for my probation sentence for a non violent
federal offense.

There are no forms or instructions on As expected, government
expects citizens to pay for legal assistance for a process we are completely
capable of completing on our own. I am also trying to find out, if I am denied on
my first attempt, how long is the minimum to wait to be eligible to re-apply in
case the denial does not list this information. Thank you for any help you can
provide. Blessings.

Asked on February 3, 2017 under Criminal Law, Texas


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Every request in court starts with a motion.... proceeds to calling a court coordinator to get it set for a hearing...and then ends with you presenting your request to the judge.
The State of Texas and the feds do not have a standarized 'form' bank...but some forms are available online. (  They have some forms.  They won't be exact, but you can try to edit them to fit the nature of your request.  The main thing is that you have something to work from.  There are some private online services that can assist.  You can also see if there are any local listings for a paralegal to simply draft the forms for you.  They cannot give you legal advice, but they can at least prepare the correct documents for you as a reasonable fee.  Some attorneys will do the same, but usually for a slightly higher fee.  This method is substantially cheaper than full representation. 
As far as waiting periods... if you have done half of your time and the judge denies your request, the judge is supposed to tell you what he/she expects of you and give you and idea of when you can refile.  There is not a set time limit for refiling, but you don't want to jump back into the court room every month, there by aggravating the very judge you want a good ruling from.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption