If there was written instructions in divorce papers, how do I getthem enforced?

UPDATED: Dec 13, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 13, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If there was written instructions in divorce papers, how do I getthem enforced?

I was able to get a school loan for my son in my name only; my son is the co-signer. Now in my divorce papers its stated that my ex-wife must take half that loan and put it in her name. She has not done that and its been over 1 year since divorce was final. Now is is repeatedly late on her 1/2 of the payment which affects my credit only.

Asked on December 13, 2011 under Family Law, California


Hong Shen / Roberts Law Group

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Find out why she is not cooperating. Be willing to give her some leeways if she is going through hardships. But if she does it deliberately, you may have to go to court to file a motion of contempt to enforce the court order.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption