If my ex moved a dining room table and hutch in when were married and refused to take it when he moved out, can he get it now?

UPDATED: Oct 6, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 6, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my ex moved a dining room table and hutch in when were married and refused to take it when he moved out, can he get it now?

Our divorce was final almost 6 months ago; he refused to take it the. Is it still his?

Asked on October 6, 2011 under Family Law, Ohio


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I am sorry for all the discourse you are dealing with.  And although i hate to throw the ball back in to your court, I need to do that for a second.  What does your divorce agreement state as to the furniture?  Does it consider the furniture "separate property" rather than "marital property" which is what I think that it really is here?  Then although I can surely understand your being quite annoyed about his not taking the stuff sooner, your options are to fight him in court about the furniture (do you want to consider it abandoned?  that is tough) and spend a lot on lawyers fees or just give it to him pursuant to the agreement.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption