If Iwas charge withan aggravated DUI,how canI get a feloney off my record?

UPDATED: Dec 15, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 15, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If Iwas charge withan aggravated DUI,how canI get a feloney off my record?

Asked on December 15, 2011 under Criminal Law, Mississippi


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you were charged with an aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance, most likely someone was significantly injured or there was substantial property damage or both stemming from the arrest that you are writing about.

I suggest that in order to try and get the current felony charge against you reduced to a misdemeanor, you retain an experienced criminal defense attorney to assist you as soon as possible. Potentially an experienced criminal defense attorney may get a settlement offer of a misdemeanor charge as to the incident that you were arrested for.

If you plead out to a felony, the only way you can get it off your record is to possibly bring a motion later on to expunge it. Expunging a felony conviction is difficult to do.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption