What to do if I tripped in a grocery store over a produce cart and bruised my legs?

UPDATED: Jul 25, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 25, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I tripped in a grocery store over a produce cart and bruised my legs?

One leg still has a small quarter size lump where it hit my leg on the cart. I have not seen doctor yet. Do I have any recourse legally (I didn’t report it to the store yet and it going on 3 weeks now)? If not, should I pursue it with the store to get the store to cover the costs to get it checked out, etc?

Asked on July 25, 2013 under Personal Injury, Texas


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Whether or not the store is liable is going to depend on whether it was negligent for a store employee to leave the produce cart where it was.  This is getting harder and harder to prove the longer you wait to report the incident to the store.  Yes, you should talk to the store as soon as possible about them covering your medical bills.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption