What to do if I got into a car accident with an 18 year old kid who was claimed 100% at fault?

UPDATED: Mar 23, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 23, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I got into a car accident with an 18 year old kid who was claimed 100% at fault?

The car was registered under his name and he has 50/100 insurance. My question is the injuries that I sustained are worth more then $100,000 but I’m being told that I can only collect the $50,000 and I have a $27,000 hospital bill. is there any way to get more money?

Asked on March 23, 2013 under Personal Injury, Massachusetts


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You need a lawyer. You can seek the difference from your insurance company, push his insurance company for the $100k or sue all three companies.  You should have the police report or insurance correspondence indicating he is 100% at fault. You should consult with an attorney who can negotiate down your medical bills.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption