What to do if I broke my back falling from a zipline at a residence just over 2 years ago?

UPDATED: Oct 18, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 18, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I broke my back falling from a zipline at a residence just over 2 years ago?

I had surgery and they fused bone from my hip to fix the break and put in rods and screws. I have given my healing 2 years and the pain is getting worse. Do I have a case or is it to late to file?

Asked on October 18, 2012 under Personal Injury, Connecticut


Leigh Anne Timiney / Timiney Law Firm

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

It may be too late for you to file an injury claim at this point.  It depends on the state where the accident occurred.  All states have a statute of limitations, which is a window of time in which an injured person has to file an injury claim.  In most states the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accident.  I would suggest you contact an attorney in your area who specializes in personal injury.  He or she will be able to tell you if you are still within a time frame in which you can bring a claim.  They will also be able to hear all the facts of your case and help you determine what your legal options might be at this point.  Good luck to you.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption