Can I file a quitclaim deed by myself?

UPDATED: Aug 16, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 16, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I file a quitclaim deed by myself?

Asked on August 16, 2015 under Real Estate Law, Nevada


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You can you file a quit claim deed on your own. However, should you do it? The fact is that drafting and filing a deed is not highly a highly technical thing but a simple mistake could invalidate the document. It is easy to make errors if you're not familar with real estate terminology, procedures, etc.

You really should consider consulting with a local lawyer. They can best advise you further. To have an attorney handle this for you should only cost a few hundred dollars, which is inexpensive compared to the thousands you'll spend if something things aren't properly done.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption