How doI get a stipulation of no contact with me off of my husband’s probation?

UPDATED: May 28, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 28, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How doI get a stipulation of no contact with me off of my husband’s probation?

My husband has a stipulation stating no contact with the victim. I am the supposed victim. We are legally married and don’t know how to go about things. When I was16 when he got arrested for sexual conduct with a minor (me). Now I am 21 years old and we still cannot be together. I need some one to tell me who to talk so we can fight the system.

Asked on May 28, 2011 under Criminal Law, Arizona


M.S., Member, Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

There are more facts to this story that are necessary in order for me to give you the proper advice.  For example, how did you get married if there was a no contact order?  Where you already married at the time of the stipulation?  More importantly, however, under what authority is the no contact order still in place?  Is he still on probation or parole?  I suggest that you consult with a local criminal defense attorney to discuss this matter in greater detail in order to evaluate the options available to you at this point in time.  If the order is pursuant to a sentence, it may be possible to seek a modification.  If the sentence has expired, then the order may no longer be in effect.  In any event, an attorney will be able to make these kinds of determinations once you have a more detailed discussion of the facts and circumstances surrounding this no contact order.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption