What can be the expected sentence for 3 counts of cruelty to juveniles?

UPDATED: May 27, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 27, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can be the expected sentence for 3 counts of cruelty to juveniles?

My husband beat my kids with a cable cord and a umbrella which left looped marks on their legs.

Asked on May 27, 2011 under Criminal Law, Louisiana


M.S., Member, Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

It is very difficult to predict a sentence, because it depends on a myriad of factors, including but not limited to whether the conviction was following a plea or a trial, the defendant's criminal history, whether they were on probation or parole, who the sentencing judge is, etc.  In any event, however, this is clearly a serious matter for which your husband is likely going to serve a period of incarceration.  I suggest that he consult with his attorney or public defender to discuss this matter in greater detail so that they can evaluate all the relevant factors and make an educated guess on what type of sentence he is likely to receive.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption