How do I chose a lawyer to evaluate class action eligibility?

UPDATED: Sep 27, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 27, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I chose a lawyer to evaluate class action eligibility?

My son took Risperdal and I have seen numerous advertisements referencing symptoms he has presented. I am wary of the TV and internet lawyers’ ads. There are dozens of websites offering evaluations, and the more research I do, the more everything looks like a “scam”. I am trying to determine how to best check “the legitimacy” of the legal sites prior to providing information?

Asked on September 27, 2014 under Malpractice Law, Nebraska


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The best way to get an attorney is by networking: ask an attorney which you know for a referral to appropriate counsel, or if you don't know any lawyers, ask family members if they've used attorneys and had good outcomes--if they have, reach out to those lawyers.

If you don't have any leads of your own to attorneys, you can contact your state bar association (and/or city bar, if your city has it's own bar association) for a referral.

It's very hard for a layperson to evaluate lawyers on his/her own--that's why you want to try to use a trusted source for a referral.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption