How do I apply for EAD/AP card replacement

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I apply for EAD/AP card replacement

I have filed for I485, and EAD/AP card. I receive the I797 saying that my EAD/AP card are approved and will be sent to me. 2 months later, now, I realized I could check the status online and realized that EAD/AP is

Asked on July 2, 2018 under Immigration Law, Massachusetts


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

I don't believe that a new EAD/AP card will be issued to you until the original one is received back by USCIS as undelivered to you.  Unfortunately, this is what their typical procedure is.  Are you certain that the address on file is your correct current address?  If so, I would suggest that you make an INFOPASS appointment with your local USCIS office and explain the situation to them.  You can also try to make an inquiry through the 800 number explaining that you never received the EAD/AP card.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption