What does it take to have a solicitation of a minor charge removed from your record, including the sex offender information?

UPDATED: Nov 30, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 30, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What does it take to have a solicitation of a minor charge removed from your record, including the sex offender information?

The inmate, currently serving, was using an online dating website and a girl, who was 13, posed as a 20 year old. But he still went to prison because of the explicit texts they shared. He did not know of her age, and the court, including his public defendant, did not bother to go back and look at their correspondence.

Asked on November 30, 2013 under Criminal Law, North Carolina


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

What you need to do is to consult an attorney in the area regarding the possibility of  opening up the conviction is you believe he did not effective counsel to represent him in his defense.  In North Carolina you can not have the charge and conviction removed from your record (called expunged) if it involves registering as a sex offender.  So seek help on findng another avenue here. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption