I got caught with a gram of marijuana, what should I plead in court so that I can stay out of jail?

UPDATED: Apr 12, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 12, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I got caught with a gram of marijuana, what should I plead in court so that I can stay out of jail?

I have no record or tickets and I’m usually a good guy. I’m very sorry about it still and haven’t used since.

Asked on April 12, 2015 under Criminal Law, Nevada


Nicholas Wooldridge / LV Criminal Defense

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Your best course of action is to speak with an attorney before you consider any plea at all.  There could be mitigating circumstances and you might be able to get the charges dismissed.  At least ask for an appointed attorney to discuss it with you. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption