Credit Card Processor/Agent Business overbilled by Bank Service Provider

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Credit Card Processor/Agent Business overbilled by Bank Service Provider

We are a payments processor, we have been overbilled by our processing provider for over 6 years to the tune of $750,000 based on a line item that was never included on Sch A of our contract. They refuse to refund; say by not disputing before we accepted billing. New York law applies per contract.

Asked on June 8, 2009 under Business Law, California


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You're going to have to hire a New York attorney, and have him or her review your contract and all of the facts of this case, for advice you can rely on.  One place to find qualified lawyers is our website,

It's very hard to say what will happen, with this very limited outline of the situation, but I would think that most courts would have a hard time allowing your processing provider to profit from its own mistake like this.  With this much money at stake, it's obviously worth following up.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption