Can I give power of attorney to friend if I own a home and my ex has injunction against me?

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I give power of attorney to friend if I own a home and my ex has injunction against me?

So my ex and i own a home in Florida

both our names are on deed and

title.unfortunately she has an

injunction against me and I’m not

allowed at house can I give power of

attorney to a friend to access and take

care of home I need to protect my


Asked on June 28, 2016 under Family Law, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Yes, you can do this, as long as the terms of the specific injunction against you are not so broad as to make doing this illegal. However, if the injunction only does what you indicate, bar *you* from going to the home, that would not prevent your agent or attorney in fact (the person given authority by the POA) from going to the home to look after it, retrieve belongings from it for you, do or arrange for repairs or maintenance, etc.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption