ARS 16-2310

UPDATED: Apr 30, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 30, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

ARS 16-2310

I recently discovered that my 2000 Divorce Decree is Fraudulant-I found documents proving that ARS 16-2310 applies. My Ex has used it for years to keep me and the children oppressed. A month ago, I was able to reveal some in a deposition also. How long do I have, I have to take it to court? What Court handles Criminal Fraud. Family Law is NOT set up for this. Thank you for your time

Asked on April 30, 2009 under Criminal Law, Arizona


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You have no time to lose, if you want to get anywhere with this.  Courts change final judgments like divorce decrees very rarely, and only in very special cases; one of the things that is extremely important, to attack a decree from 2000, is that you act very quickly once you learn of the facts that prove fraud on your Ex's part.

Your ex might or might not have committed criminal fraud, and it might be too late to have him prosecuted for that.  Even if he is found guilty, that would probably not help you much, since what you really need is for the decree to be changed to reflect the truth.  That will probably have to go back before the family court that issued the decree.

See a local lawyer, as soon as you possibly can.  You can find one at

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption