After being Raided by the police in the state of Oregon Can A unmarked vehicle still watch your house for no reason

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

After being Raided by the police in the state of Oregon Can A unmarked vehicle still watch your house for no reason

I was recently raided in the state of
Oregon All they took was my weed scale
they left meth and meth pipes at my
house Only one person got arrested for
warrants and drugs Nobody else got
charged with anything can the cops come
back and still watch your house even
though they just raided your house and
found nothing? or is thst Harassment or

Asked on June 1, 2018 under Criminal Law, Oregon


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

No, it is not harassment: "watching" is not harassment. Any one--including the police--may sit or park in a public location (e.g. on a public street) and watch any home they feel like, to see who enters and exists. If they were to keep calling your home, knocking on your door, visiting you in your workplace, etc. with out good cause, that could be harassment--but simply watching is not.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption