What would I need to go forward in suing either the person who caused my roll over accident or the insurance company who is not giving us what we want

Going the speed limit, traveling on a freeway. I am in the left lane and a guy to the right of me swerved right into my lane and would have hit me if I had not swerved out of the way. I then corrected back the other way and proceeded to flip on to the roof of the car and sliding across 4 lanes of freeway until hitting the side barrier. I was terrorized and in certain fear of my life and still live with these thoughts. Anyhow, I came to a stop and then kicked out the window and escaped relatively unharmed. The guy stopped who caused the accident and admitted fault and was cited by the cops.

Asked on June 6, 2009 under Accident Law, Arizona


M.S., Member, Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You should obtain the police report and any other relevant statements or reports relevant to the accident.  Then you should consult and/or retain a skilled personal injury attorney to determine the strengths and weaknesses of your case.  Personal injury attorneys usually take cases on a contingency basis, meaning that you should not have to pay any money until you win or settle your case.  In your specific instance, liability seems clear.  However, it appears that your damages are minimal due to your escaping relatively unharmed.  Whether you will be able to recover anything will depend on both your damages as well as the amount (if any) of the insurance policy carried by the individual at fault.  Nevertheless, you should consult a personal injury attorney at your earliest convenience.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.