What is the next best thing to do to get exspouses name off title if he can”t be reached for signing a quitclaim?

The mobile home was awarded to me in the divorce settlement.

Asked on June 4, 2012 under Real Estate Law, New Mexico


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

What do you mean when you say that "he can't be reached?"  There really is no way other than to have the court intervene in some way like if he was declared dead.   Then his estate representative would sign the title.  I think that you should get some legal help here.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.