What can I do to get my daughter out of trailer that she lives in with her mother?

Her mother has moved in a convicted registered sex offender to their residence. I contacted the police. Their reply was since nothing has happened to my daughter yet, they couldn’t do anything. Can you help me remove my daughter from that residence?

Asked on December 13, 2017 under Family Law, Texas


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

If you believe that your daughter is in immediate danger go to your local family court and file an Order to Show Cause with a Petition for change of custody to your.  Calling places isn't going to help here.  You need to act.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.