How can i insist my husband to show unreported business income

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can i insist my husband to show unreported business income

My husband bought a gas station in May 2016 for 3M in Seattle. We are undergoing
divorce case and i want to get the property reevaluated.
My appraiser’s preliminary evaluation showed value depreciated to 2.5 M instead.
He has done multiple renovations,improvements, added inventory so its hard to
believe that.
He has put unnecessary expenses in profit and loss statements like ‘21000’ for
automobile expenses.
Can someone help me in suggesting how i should go about now?

Asked on December 13, 2017 under Family Law, Washington


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

So did you hire an appraiser - who looked at the business and valued it based upon "comps" of bsiness in the area (much like a house appraiser)? or did you hire a forensic evaluator (often an accountant) which is very different?  If you are doing this on your own I STRONGLY suggest that you look in to speaking with an attorney on a consultant basis to guide you along.  Goood luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption