If we live in one state, and have for 7 years, but my wife has a failure to appear warrant in another state, is there anyway to resolve this without going back?

This is holding up her being able to get her D/L back. The court says that she must personally appear before a judge to quash the warrant and then plead out her case. The charges are from 8 years ago. We are on a fixed income and cannot afford the travel costs.

Asked on November 5, 2014 under Criminal Law, Idaho


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

At some point in time she is going to have to appear in the other state.  She can speak with an hire an attorney in the other state and she should asap.  They can help do all the paperwork and legwork and possibly help exepedite the matter so she can have her driving privileges restored.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.