If I received a ticket for driving with
a suspended license in 2012, never
appeared in court or pleaded due to
living in another state, will it stop
me from getting a license in another

Asked on June 19, 2017 under General Practice, Tennessee


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

First of all, if you missed your scheduled court appearance then a warrant for failure to appear was probably issued. This means that you can be arrested if your are stopped by the police for as much as a speeding ticket. Also, the warrant will show up on employment background checks and the like. At this point, you really should consult directly with an attorney who practices in the area of where the ticket was issued. They can advise yoy best. That having been said, if your license was suspended in one state, it will show up in the national data base, so you will not be able to get another license in just about any other state.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.