What to do if my husband was accused of molesting a 14 year old in our bed?

The incident allegedly happened about 1 1/2 years ago. The mother did not press charges until 2 months later. There is no evidence but hearsay it’s our word against hers, yet they arrested him on a warrant last night. How is this possible?

Asked on October 30, 2013 under Criminal Law, Virginia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Given the serious nature that your spouse has found himself in, he should consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as posisble. One in your locality can be found on attorneypages.com. Given the serious nature of molestation of a minor, law enforcement submitted a report and the ditsrict attorney's office felt that there was probable cause that a crime was committed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.