If a sentence was entered under a plea deal but a preliminary hearing motion was filed prior to a grand jury indictment, can the sentence be overturned/vacated?

Asked on June 13, 2014 under Criminal Law, Georgia


Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Your question is confusing.  If a plea was entered, the defendant may seek to withdraw the plea.  Whether that is likely may depend on many thingsincluding the timing of the request. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.