Can get my felony expunged?

I was involved in a hit and run accident and I was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. I did a plea agreement for aggravated assault with bodily injury with a deferred adjudication.

Asked on February 4, 2013 under Criminal Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Assuming you get convicted of the felony that you have written about there is a chance after five (5) years post your conviction that you would be eligible to get the conviction expunged. You would need to consult with a criminal defense attorney to see what the chances are of getting such to occur.

The court looks at the felony, what you have done since the conviction and the reasons for the request.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.