Can the charges filed against my husband for robbery, burglary and carjacking be sucessfully defended?

UPDATED: Apr 6, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 6, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can the charges filed against my husband for robbery, burglary and carjacking be sucessfully defended?

A guy we knew said he would get a ride for my husband to go back and pick up property from the house we’d been renting a room in. The 2 people who took him there came in the closed door behind him with a gun and robbed the resident, taking her car. They held a gun on him too but he got a chance to run and he took it. He was under the influence and I took him to the hospital for treatment within hours of the incident, not knowing it really happend and wasn’t a paranoid delusion of his. He has been clean and in treatment since but just recently arrested on charges above.

Asked on April 6, 2012 under Criminal Law, California


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

These are very serious felony charges in which your husband can be subjected to a substantial prison term if found guilty. He will need an experienced criminal defense attorney for representation. If he cannot afford counsel, the Judge can appoint a attorney for him. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption