What to do if I was arrested in my home after an argument that led to the police being called?

I was charged with “fail to ID” which is a class C misdemeanor. Can I get this charge of my record? Do I need to hire an attorney?

Asked on January 22, 2013 under Criminal Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Given the fact that you are charged with a misdemeanor in the criminal matter written about, I suggest that it is in your best interests to retain a criminal defense attorney to discuss the best way to resolve the matter. Possibly the court may agree to some court probation for you where if you satisfy its terms you will have the charge dropped against you with no conviction.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.