I feel at work and went to the provider they send me to and he told me we don’t take people off work its up to ur empl. I injured my tail bone back.

what can i do in this situation because I am leaving work due to the fact it hurts when I am sitting and my job is telling me I can not do that I have doctors note but the fact is the person they are sending me to said he doesn’t take people off it is up to my employer? Do I have a case knowing that they see that I am in pain in still have me there working and telling me that I need to stay at work and not be leaving?

Asked on July 3, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, California


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You need to go and find an attorney who deals with worker's compensation claims in your area.  If you got hurt on the job you may have a valid claim that can be filed on your behalf.  Your disability and restrictions will be documented and on record. This may protect you in many ways at work that only a doctor's note can not.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.