how to find out your employers insurance carrier they are being so evasive about it and wont respond to my attorneys interrogatories

UPDATED: Jul 3, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 3, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

how to find out your employers insurance carrier they are being so evasive about it and wont respond to my attorneys interrogatories

I have been out of work for eleven months i had three surgerys in2008 i reported my injuries to the company nurse she gave me aleve to try for pain .I went to my family Dr.was referred to an orthopdic surgeon,and a compensation for all that timeiwas released to return to work on 5-26-2009i received a certified letter on 7-03-2009 saying they were letting me go{fired} what do i do now.because i’m in no shape to loose my job i’ve lost everything else.

Asked on July 3, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, North Carolina


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I am not admitted in North Carolina but your question needs a bit of sorting through.  First, do you have a lawsuit filed? A worker's compensation suit? It would appear that you have some type of proceeding going since you said that your attorney served interrogatories.  If the party you served interrogatories on does not respond within a time set down by the law you can request that the court - in a lawsuit - get involved.  I New York, for example, a motion to compel them to respond can be filed. 

As for being fired, go an see an employment lawyer to ask if you were improperly let go from your job.  You will need to explain to the lawyer all the above in detail and show him/her all your medical documetation as to your disability as well as the letter.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption