If I’m the trustee of a family Trust and am ready to disburse the proceeds to the 3 beneficiaries, are there any legal forms I must provide to them?

The Trust just sold 20 acres of bare land.

Asked on April 15, 2015 under Estate Planning, Oregon


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

The aprticulars of what the state of Oregon requires may best be asked of an attorney that handles trust work in your state.  But it is always good practice to lay out the details of everything in even letter form and have all the beneficairies sign off on it (notarized letters are even better) acknoledging their agreement to what is being done and disbursed.  You also have to do a Trust Accounting and that is always good to enclose and have them acknowledge receipt.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.