How do you adjust a visitation agreement?

I am divorced and I am the custodial parent. About 2 months after the agreement, my ex moved out of state. I have provisions that I agreed to based on her living in her former state. If we cannot agree, is there a process I can do to get the agreement re-negotiated?

Asked on January 22, 2013 under Family Law, Georgia


Anthony Van Johnson / VANJOHNSON LAW FIRM, L.L.C.

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

The process for resolving visitation issues would be the filing of a motion to modify visitation.  The court can make a decision based on the evidence presented. You should retain the services of an attorney.  At that time you may discuss whether evidence exists for a possible modification of custody, as well. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.