How do I calculate monthly child support for a JOINT CUSTODY situation of one child and both PARENTS HAVE INCOME in a divorce case in TX???

Asked on June 28, 2009 under Family Law, Texas


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I am not admitted in Texas but if you look online there are several helpful sites that give you information on child support in Texas. is one of them.  They have child support booklets and worksheets.  Also an interactive form that helps you calculate.  But be aware: these can only give you an idea of what child support might be and not what the Court can determine it to be based upon all the factors in your particular case.  Only an attorney who knows that case and the law can give you a "best guesstimate."

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.